One of the medical cases for the las Clinical Proficiency Exam was a 26 year old sorrel pony. This pony was so stinking cute!!! He came from the Shiloh Horse Rescue in Sandy Valley. The first time I saw him I was pretty sure that someone had found a baby woolly mammoth, defrosted him, and was trying to pass him off as a pony. I have never seen so much hair on one horse, even a normal sized one. This pony had so much hair that his entire coat was matted. Even after removing the mats, he had a ton of hair that was 2-3 inches long. After we used him for the diagnostics portion of the exam, I began body shaving him. He was such a good boy and it took two separate sessions to get the job done. When the guy who transports our horses came to pick them up the pony looked like he was wearing pants. I finished him up the next morning and he looked fabulous. Extreme Make Over - Pony Edition!
Monday, May 4, 2009
Woolly Mammoth Turns into a Pony
Posted by Aubree at 9:35 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment