On Sunday I had the opportunity to assist with a lab for human doctors. They were learning about laparoscopic hysterectomy. I am REALLY glad that they practice these types of procedures on animals before moving on to human patients. They practiced on 80-100 pound pigs from RC Farms. I was able to place a catheter in the pigs ear (used for intravenous access for fluids/drugs/etc.) and then monitored the anesthesia during the surgery. What a great experience.This was my pig. She was sedated before we started working to anesthetize her.
Tuesday, April 20, 2010
Human Doctors Practice on Animals
Posted by Aubree at 6:50 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
What is the blue stuff all over her face?
That's her eyeshadow. :) Um...I think it is just pigmentation (no pun intended) around her eyes. Nothing that we did to her. She came that way.
Oh and she had hay on her face from being housed in a horse stall. Maybe that's the stuff your talking about.
Post a Comment