Sunday, January 15, 2012

Hi Ho, Hi Ho, It's Back to Work I Go...

I love that I work for a college and that I am on a contract that allows me to take time off when I'm not teaching. Plus, who wants a regular 9-5 job? Not me! I am however hating that I have to go back to work. Give me a few weeks off and I get into a pretty fun schedule of walking with the dogs, riding horses, napping on the couch, shopping with money I don't really have,...well, you get the picture. Tomorrow it's back to the real world. No lazy day at work just easing back into it...No we get to start the semester and the week off with the CPE. Basically this means a 12 or more hour day with students (who are probably equally adverse to the semester starting). Maybe I'll make cookies with my new Kitchenaid mixmaster to make myself and them feel better about the whole situation.

1 comments:

Esther Strickland said...

Oh my hell! I bake when I don't want to work. Nothing like a little treat t look forward to at ten at night! SO, my coworkers expect me to bring treats on my first day back (Friday) and my "Friday" (Tuesday). Sad I know! And I am super sad we didn't get to see youQ