So I have recently realized that I am HORRIBLE at keeping in touch with so many people. I willing admit to being a total slacker when it comes to making and returning phone calls and genuinely miss keeping in touch with everyone. Anyway, I thought I might try this blogging thing. I make no promises but it seems as though this might be do-able.
My life for the past year has been busy but pretty good overall. I moved back home to Las Vegas last August. I have been going to the community college here to get an associates degree in veterinary technology. It seems like a step backwards to go from finishing a bachelors degree to starting an associates but there is method to my madness. My school is in a partnership with the Western Veterinary Conference and they have put in contact with veterinarians that teach at colleges all over the U.S.
I have also been working as a veterinary technician at a small animal practice since moving home. Honestly I love it. A typical day is that there is never a typical day. That is one thing I am learning to love about the profession (that and the never ending supply of puppy kisses). After starting school last August I was offered a job with the Western Veterinary Conference in their large animal department. I get to work with nine horses that all have various lameness issues. They are used for a proficiency exam for veterinarians that graduated from un-accredited schools. It is amazing to see "veterinarians" that can't diagnose a grade 3 or 4 lameness. Needless to say two jobs and school is a good way to stay busy. It is really nice to have school and work complimenting each other as I get to apply what I am learning on a daily basis.
After living at home for almost a year it is definitely time to "cut the apron strings." I have REALLY enjoyed living rent free but I miss living on my own. With the housing market as crazy here in Las Vegas as it is everywhere else in the country I have decided to attempt to buy a townhome or condo. Kinda scary but really fun. I just put an offer in on a townhome that was a bank repossession. It needs some work but hopefully the bank will take my low ball offer and I will have the money to make improvements the way I want to. It is a two bedroom two and a half bath with a loft. Any takers on roommates?
Anyway, I hope I have caught you up on what's happening in my life and am excited to read what is going on in your lives. I get bits and pieces about marriages, babies and such from those I am still in constant contact with. I hope all is well with everyone!
Saturday, July 26, 2008
I'm Horrible At Returning Phone Calls
Posted by Aubree at 8:07 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Speaking of bits and pieces of wedding and baby news....I thought you should know that I got married 3 months ago (elopement) and am now preggers. hahahaha.... I have no new news, so I thought I'd make some up for you. Miss you much, come visit Colorado!!!!
Hey you are terrible at returning phone calls! But i still love you anyways. Nice to see you join the blogging world. I miss you just as much as Erin does, i think Colorado would be a good break for you.
welcome to the world of blogs! hopefully you will be better here than you are at phone calls! haha, just kidding. how have you been? things with us are good, i am about a year from finishing school, seems like it will never end! you might already know, but we are having a baby! we are so excited, due in early january!
Aubree!!
I'm excited to follow your veterinary adventures! Plus all the other good stuff in between!
Thanks for inviting me! I, like you, am not a good phone person. So this blog stuff works out just right!
Janae'
Janaerunyon.blogspot.com
Post a Comment