Wednesday, August 6, 2008

I Am Such a Nerd!...But I Can't Help It

I should realize by now that I am doomed to forever live the life of a total nerd. This should not come as a surprise to those who know me but I never cease to amaze myself. I think I achieved a personal low this morning. School starts in a few weeks and so last week I ordered my textbooks from Amazon.com. I wasn't overly excited about the price I had to pay for the books I needed but that's pretty much unavoidable. Anyway, this week my books have started to trickle in; one here, two in another shipment, more still to come. It could be the excitement of receiving mail and getting books at the same time but this morning after receiving a couple of books I found myself sitting reading my Radiology book. READING my radiology book. Mind you this is probably a book I will pick up for reference a total of five times throughout the coming semester and here I am reading it, totally enthralled with how to take a pelvis radiograph on a horse (I always wondered how one would do that). Oh well, I guess shouldn't be too surprised. After relating this story to my mom she reminded me that I asked for a globe for my eighth birthday and a Dictionary/Thesaurus set when I started middle school. You don't get much nerdier than that.

3 comments:

Lidia and Steve said...

you really asked for a thesaurus and a globe?!?

Anonymous said...

Oh Aub... I feel for your children :D

But this is why we love you!

Aubree said...

Haha you two...Steve, yes I did really ask for a thesaurus and a globe, but not for the same occasion. Lit, the good news is that I'm pretty sure that my kids won't have to work very hard to be cooler than I was growing up.