Thursday, September 18, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me!


Yay! Exciting news! I got a house! Well I guess it's actually a town home but whatever you want to call it it's exciting. This is the house that I referred to in my first blog. Since then I my acceptance of the bank's counter was denied, they accepted another offer that fell through, then they accepted another offer that fell through, and then they came back and asked me if I was still interested. I was definitely still interested and ended up getting it for a good amount less than if they had just gone with me the first time around. Oh well, their loss.

My house is one out of a quad. So there is another unit to the right of my garage and two in back of me that face the street behind the one that my house sits on. I am really lucky because it came complete with "Killer" the lizard security system. Poor guy wandered into my yard, which hasn't been watered in over a year, and expired there. His death was not in vain, however, because now he guards the front yard. That's Taylor's story anyway and she's sticking to it. I tried to give him a proper burial in the neighbor's trash can but she wouldn't let me.
The main floor is a living room, a dining room, the kitchen, a powder room, and the laundry room. When the previous owners moved out after the house fell into foreclosure they left the water running out of the washer hook-up. It must have been turned off pretty quickly because there is very minimal damage. All of the flooring (really hideous carpet and linoleum) is coming up and we have to cut up four inches from the floor all the way around the first floor to ensure that there is no mold from the water damage. I am keeping my fingers crossed. Aside from a few minor renovations, new flooring, paint and appliances should get it ready to move into.
There are two bedrooms and a loft upstairs. The master bedroom is pretty spacious and has a great walk-in-closet and big bathroom. I will probably end up renting the second bedroom out to help with my mortgage payment but it is nice and has its own bathroom too. The loft is going to end up being a study/guest room. Kelsey and Taylor are currently fighting over who gets to move into the loft. It's nice to be loved.
I am also super excited to go furniture hunting. My budget won't allow for very much beyond looking in the newspaper and on craigslist so if anyone that is in Vegas has any leads on people getting rid of or selling furniture PLEASE let me know.
So yeah, that's my house. I hope to be in by early November. Perhaps I will have enough left over in my budget to throw a house-warming party. I will keep you posted! I hope all is well in your lives!
Love ya!

0 comments: